Team Cyanogen has released an update for the HTC HD2 based on CM9 source code bringing it to v2.4 with support for hardware acceleration. Here’s what it includes
- Include Android 4.0.4 CM9.0.0-RC1.
- Include htcleo-2.6.32-ics kernel: tytung_HWA_r3.1.
- Include tytung’s ICS HWA ramdisk (initrd.gz).
- Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
- Credits: tytung, Securecrt, Rick_1995, Xylograph, rapmv78, texasice, firesnatch, ankuch, romanbb, marco.palumbi, samuaz, dk_zero-cool, the CM and the Evervolv teams, etc.
- All Android 4.0.4 features (Multi-Languages)
- All CM9 features:
- Enhanced Power Menu w/ Reboot and Screenshot options, etc.
- Power Notification Widget
- Trebuchet Launcher
- T9 Dialer
- Keep app back button in Developer options
- And more
- Root, su, busybox, zipalign, init.d scripts, etc.
- AdFree hosts file
- HSDPA icon
- Facebook contact sync
- Unicode support for SMS/MMS
- Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi
- ROM: NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.4.zip (MD5sum: B10BF316095060E11048BF542080D41C) (No more mirrors, please!)
- June 29 updated: Flash kernel tytung_HWA_r3.2 for fixing the battery drain (about 40mA) after using Bluetooth.
- This ROM works for MAGLDR and cLK at the same time.
- Please use at least 170MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.
- Please refer to ksubedi’s HD2 NAND Toolkit and/ormskip’s guide.
- Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only mounted and used by CWM.
- Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
- If your HD2 has bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset while doing a fresh install. (Optional: also delete /sdcard/Android folder or format your SD card if you have any strange issue.)
- Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache while upgrading from an old version and wanting to retain data.
- Flash this ROM
Seeing as to how this is based on CM 9, everything that needs to work does and it’s more than enough for a daily driver.
- Full HWA (Hardware Acceleration)
- Data: 3G/HSDPA
- Wi-Fi (Support IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication and Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi.)
- All sensors
- Wired earphone/headphone
- Data usage and data limit
- Software video codecs
- WiFi signal strength icon
- USB Mass Storage
- Barcode Scanner
- Flash Player
- WiFi Tethering (Native “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” feature works well. You can also installwireless_tether_2_0_7.apk for more features.)
- USB Tethering (Native “USB tethering” feature works. You can also install wired_tether_1_4.apk for more features.)
- Flashlight (Use built-in Torch or install TeslaLED Flashlight -> my favorite.)
- FM Radio (Install Spirit FM, check settings -> audio -> qsd8250, and turn on BT before using Spirit FM.)
[via XDA Developers]
Possibly Related Posts