Ice Cream Sandwich (CM9) Updated To V2.4 For HTC HD2 - just.yoga
Ice Cream Sandwich (CM9) Updated To V2.4 For HTC HD2
Team Cyanogen has released an update for the HTC HD2 based on CM9 source code bringing it to v2.4 with support for hardware acceleration. Here’s what it includes
- Include Android 4.0.4 CM9.0.0-RC1.
- Include htcleo-2.6.32-ics kernel: tytung_HWA_r3.1.
- Include tytung’s ICS HWA ramdisk (initrd.gz).
- Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files from my AOSP GB ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread).
- Credits: tytung, Securecrt, Rick_1995, Xylograph, rapmv78, texasice, firesnatch, ankuch, romanbb, marco.palumbi, samuaz, dk_zero-cool, the CM and the Evervolv teams, etc.
- All Android 4.0.4 features (Multi-Languages)
- All CM9 features:
- Enhanced Power Menu w/ Reboot and Screenshot options, etc.
- Power Notification Widget
- Trebuchet Launcher
- T9 Dialer
- Keep app back button in Developer options
- And more
- Root, su, busybox, zipalign, init.d scripts, etc.
- AdFree hosts file
- HSDPA icon
- Facebook contact sync
- Unicode support for SMS/MMS
- Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi
- ROM:¬†NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.4.zip¬†(MD5sum: B10BF316095060E11048BF542080D41C) (No more mirrors, please!)
- June 29 updated: Flash kernel¬†tytung_HWA_r3.2¬†for fixing the battery drain (about 40mA) after using Bluetooth.
- This ROM works for¬†MAGLDR¬†and¬†cLK¬†at the same time.
- Please use at least¬†170MB¬†system partition¬†and at least 2MB cache partition.
- Please refer to¬†ksubedi’s HD2 NAND Toolkit¬†and/ormskip’s guide.
- Cache partition (/dev/block/mtdblock4) is only mounted and used by CWM.
- Cache partition size is not important because the data partition (/dev/block/mtdblock5) is used as the cache space when running Android.
- If your HD2 has¬†bad NAND blocks, you may need larger partitions.
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset¬†while doing a fresh install. (Optional: also delete /sdcard/Android folder or format your SD card if you have any strange issue.)
- Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache¬†while upgrading from an old version and wanting to retain data.
- Flash this ROM
Seeing as to how this is based on CM 9, everything that needs to work does and it’s more than enough for a daily driver.
- Full HWA (Hardware Acceleration)
- Data: 3G/HSDPA
- Wi-Fi (Support IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication and Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi.)
- All sensors
- Wired earphone/headphone
- Data usage and data limit
- Software video codecs
- WiFi signal strength icon
- USB Mass Storage
- Barcode Scanner
- Flash Player
- WiFi Tethering (Native “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot” feature works well. You can also installwireless_tether_2_0_7.apk¬†for more features.)
- USB Tethering (Native “USB tethering” feature works. You can also install¬†wired_tether_1_4.apk¬†for more features.)
- Flashlight (Use built-in Torch or install¬†TeslaLED Flashlight¬†-> my favorite.)
- FM Radio (Install¬†Spirit FM, check¬†settings -> audio -> qsd8250, and turn on BT before using Spirit FM.)
[via XDA Developers]
Possibly Related Posts
Posted by yoga @ 4 July 2012
Tags : android , android 4.0.4 , cm9 , cm9 ics , cyanogenmod 9 , hd2 , hd2 cm9 2.4 , hd2 ice cream sandwich , htc hd2 , htc hd2 ice cream sandwich , ice cream sandwich , ics , install guide , NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.4.zip , official , release